Monday 11 July 2016

2nd Week of Recovery


OK so i am really bad at updating this blog!! Its now Monday 7th July which is 2 weeks after surgery!

Not a lot has really happened this week so i will just do an update of the whole week rather than a day by day.

So on Tuesday i went and saw my surgeon who took my plasters off (which really hurt!) and i was left with this sticky residue on my face! I managed to get it off with some face scrub and it feels good to have them off! The surgeon was really happy with everything and he showed me my x-rays, i now have lots of metal in my mouth! My orthodontist also came in and had a brief look at everything, she was really pleased and didn't think it was necessary for me to have elastics which is great!

Photo after my plasters came off:


Swelling wise this week, its gone down a lot! I still have slight swelling on either side and some on my lower lip.

Numbness is more of my problem, i have a spot on my chin which is really numb and my bottom gums are still numb. However one of my stitches came out the other day and i can now feel some of my gum on 1 side. My lower lip is still tingling and so is half of my tongue but they are gradually getting there.

I have now come off my pain medication, i didn't really need them to be honest but thought it safe to keep on top of them. I kept taking the ibuprofen for half the week just to help with the swelling but i have now stopped that as well. I keep getting small twinges in my jaw and chin which hurt a bit but its not really painful and doesn't last long. Annoyingly i keep getting itches in parts of my face that i cant feel! Other than that pain hasn't been a problem for me.

Food wise i am managing to eat relativity normally, i have eaten pasta, porridge, a roast dinner, risotto, chicken, chips, beans, onion rings, lots of cakes and puddings! Pretty much anything soft! It takes me slightly longer to eat than normal but i can eat most things just not really hard stuff!

Sleeping isn't an issue anymore, i don't need to sleep elevated anymore. Sometimes it is uncomfortable to sleep on my side just because i'm pressing on my jaw in a funny place. Other than that i'm managing to sleep really well.

Energy is normal really! I haven't been too tired to do anything and i have managed to do everything i normally do. I'm driving OK and walking to different places. No different to before surgery,

So yeah! Everything is going really well and so much easier than i expected! Don't know what all the fuss is about! I have another appointment to see my surgeon tomorrow as well and then i think he will leave me alone for a few weeks to heal up before he has another look.

Here are some more photos of me during the week:


No comments:

Post a Comment