Friday 1 July 2016

Day 2 post opp


OK so I'm now writing about Wednesday 29th June which is day 2 post opp:

As i said i woke up fully at about 9am, i ran myself a bath because i needed to sort my hair out! I was told to keep the plasters on my face until i saw my surgeon next week so i had to be careful not to get them wet! I felt a lot more human after the bath and my hair was alot better!

My swelling has come on now and my face turned fat over night! But i expected it to be a lot worse! (see photo):



I came downstairs and made myself some baked beans which i managed a few of! My mum then went up the shop and bought some ready brek, chocolate mouse, yogurt and soup! So i also had some ready brek! I topped up on my pain meds and chilled in front of the tv most of the day! I had a nap at some point as well! For lunch i had a chocolate mouse! Which was enough at the time!

The day was pretty uneventful again! My pain etc:

Pain 2/10
Comfort/swelling 5/10
Tiredness 5/10

In the evening i had a jacket potato with cheese, some cheesy beans and a hamwhich! I managed most of this which i was really pleased with! I can suck most of it (i know disgusting) and i can move my jaw more than i thought id be able to!

I went to bed at about 11pm. Oh cleaning is my teeth is slightly difficult, i have to use a baby toothbrush and go very gently over my teeth. I then have to use the antiseptic mouthwash they gave me which is hard when you cant feel half of your mouth! I try and clean my teeth after every meal and before bed! I dont want to get an infection now!

Tonight was really hard, couldnt really sleep as i struggled to get comfy so just napped through the night again!

On to day 3 post opp on my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment